It is never too early to start helping your child develop a healthy respect for money and to help them develop some good financial habits. Encouraging children at an early age to start saving money can lead to some very good habits and attitudes about money that will help them through their lifetime. As your child grows so should their financial accounts. We’ve developed a suite of products from childhood to adulthood to help your child grow in their financial knowledge.
Junior Savers Club® Account
The Junior Savers Account is a Savings Account designed to teach children and young adults ages 0 to 18 the rewards of saving. The benefits of a Junior Savers Club® Account are:
- No minimum balance and no service fees
- A free piggy bank to remind them that it pays to save every little bit!
- Our exclusive "Treats Dollars" gift certificate each time the account balance exceeds its previous high balance by $100
- Junior Savers are eligible for a number of other fun benefits
¹Limited to six preauthorized, automatic, telephone or computer transfer withdrawals per month.
As your children grow and become responsible young adults, their financial needs grow too. Help them learn more about financial responsibility by selecting some of the products below.
College Checking Account
We have designed an account to handle the finances for young adults and provide peace of mind to parents. We call it our 3C College Account. It offers everything your high school or college student needs for financial security, including a Cash card, a Checking account . . . Get it! Here's a summary of its benefits:
- FREE Checking Account in the students name with no minimum balance and no check writing limits¹
- May be opened with any initial deposit
- Free imaged checks option with CheckManager Plus™
- An ATM Card
- A Mastercard Debit
- Surcharge free Money Pass/SUM ATMs in Chicagoland area
- A special Automatic Transfer feature so parents won't have to write allowance checks
- This account can only be opened if your parents maintain an account with the bank
¹Other qualifications and service charges may apply. See bank for details.
Accounts that most of our customers like you choose
Mastercard Debit Card
Our Mastercard Debit Card provides the convenience of allowing you to draw from your account without the hassles of writing a check.
Simply use the card to pay for retail transactions wherever Mastercard is accepted. The card will automatically deduct the purchase from your checking account. And that transaction will be recorded on your monthly checking account statement. Now you can replace your current ATM card and checks with one easy-to-use card.
- Features & Benefits
- Direct access to your checking account wherever Mastercard is accepted—9 million merchants and 190 countries worldwide
- No check writing hassles
- No additional identification may be required
- No interest or finance charges apply
- No PIN number needed on signature based transactions
- Can be used instead of an ATM card at SUM and MoneyPass ATMs in the Chicagoland area
- After Hours Toll Free phone number to report your card lost or stolen. Just call 1-800-236-2442 after our normal business hours.
It's Easy To Apply For This Card
Come into any of our convenient bank locations and see one of our friendly Personal Bankers.