- Who We Are
- What We Offer
- Solutions for You
- Commercial & Institutional
Many students cannot afford the cost of tuition these days, and Barrington Bank & Trust announced this week that they want to help. They will be offering scholarships based on academic achievements of graduating high school seniors, financial need, character and contributions to the school and community. These scholarships may be used towards any accredited technical school, college or university for any field of study resulting in a two-year or four-year degree. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin.
Students must meet the following qualifications to be eligible:
• U.S. citizen and Illinois residency
• High School senior who will graduate before June 30th of the current school year
• Substantial financial need (annual household income of $60,000 or less)
• Active involvement in school and community
• Plans to enroll at a U.S. accredited two-year or four-year technical school, college or University as a full-time degree-seeking, first-year student in the fall 2012
• Above-average academic record with a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their Junior Year of high school
• Desire to pursue educational and career goals
• Completion of application be postmarked on or before April 17, 2012
Four $1,000 non-renewable scholarships will be awarded each May to a student from each of the following high schools; Barrington High School, Hoffman Estates High School, Fremd High School and Palatine High School. The Barrington Bank & Trust Scholarship Committee is responsible for the selection of Recipients. Applications will be distributed to college counseling offices in early March 2012. Recipients will mail applications to the designated address through April 17, 2012. Once the finalists are selected, the established contacts at each high school college counseling office will be asked to verify information on the applications before the final decision is made. The Committee is asked to come to a final decision by April 30, 2012. Checks will be mailed to the recipients in June 2012, and will be made payable to their school of choice.
About Barrington Bank & Trust Co., N.A.
Barrington Bank & Trust Co., N.A. has five retail banking facilities in the communities of Barrington, Hoffman Estates, and Palatine. Since its inception in December 1996, the bank has grown to more than $1 billion in assets. At Barrington Bank & Trust, decisions regarding rates, products and loan approvals are made on-site by the local management team and deposits of the bank are reinvested back into the community. Barrington Bank & Trust is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender. Barrington Bank & Trust is owned by Wintrust Financial Corporation. The bank’s website is www.barringtonbank.com.